In a nutshell because I currently have no use of my dominant right hand, so typing one handed and it's a slow process!
- Nil by mouth from midnight. Arrive on the Day Surgery Unit at 7am
- Seen by Registrar, confirm it is the right wrist as some of the notes say left! Tells me can take 6-18 months to get full function back! Sick note for an initial 6 weeks!
- Then the anesthetist. Offers to do it with a nerve block and sedation rather than full GA. Yay, I hate the woozy feeling after a GA
- Arrive in theatre. BP 199/99! No-one's worried so I try not too.
- Guided nerve block delivered. After 40 mins I can still use my hand LOL! So he puts another dose in which does the trick :) BP down to .... 189/96!
- Awake throughout operation. Refused sedation as it defeated the purpose!
- Lovely to be able to get feedback from the surgeon before I left the operating theatre
- Back to the Day Surgery Unit, BP 143/63 :) Discharged 12.30. Five and a half hours from arrival to departure :)