I have had some pretty hair raising moments but in recent history it has to be fostering. "Really?" I hear you ask. "Seriously" I reply. The process was as rigorous as when we adopted Ella and turns out it needs to be. The whole experience to date has been hair raising!
- We have had the lad who tried to grow cannabis in his bedroom - twice!
- The police in the house arresting a lad at 1 in the morning, him fighting; Liana trying to calm him; Ella with her special needs hysterical and being calmed by Jeff; and me hugging the other foster child who was in tears because she woke up to the sounds of chaos and thought everyone was being murdered in our sleep;
- Stopping new arrivals climbing out of bedroom windows to escape;
- A request for an emergency placement for a sibling group of three - at 3pm on Christmas Eve;
- Getting a phone call from a fosterling at midnight because she's walking the streets after arguing with her boyfriend and trying to work out where on earth she is;
- Been followed on Facebook by a fosterling's parent (sorted that one by completely locking down all the privacy settings);
- Our beautiful, complex, autistic, delightful Ella being insulted by a fosterling's parent;
- Have been sworn at, insulted, lied to, had money stolen, and had their rooms treated like a refuse tip;